Tuesday 10 November 2020

PLANNING: HORROR GENRE CODES AND CONVENTIONS

Paranormal Activity 4


The films I have analysed have a set of codes and conventions. Before creating the posts, I looked at a set of horror films in order to identify to correct codes and conventions in order to gain a better idea of the films.  I then focused in on two which featured the conventions and they are zoomed into and explained below. I'm using these horror codes and conventions in my film as I believe that they are able to help create a stronger effect for the audience as they are able to create a slightly more frantic but subtle atmosphere which is able to give the audience a chill while viewing. 


 

The Shining


1 comment:

  1. Evidence of excellent genre research, showing understanding of horror codes & conventions

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME MODERATOR

SCREAm by The Hong Kong Files Movie