Wednesday 10 June 2020

INTRODUCTION TO TRAILERS

HOW DO YOU FIND OUT ABOUT A FILM?

Normally, I tend to see an ad somewhere. whether this be on the radio or on TV. If the movie appeals to me, I will go further and research it online, e,g searching for a release date, watching trailers etc. For example, I found out about the movie Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker on the radio. Suddenly after, I saw social media posts about it. All these led me to eventually purchase a ticket to watch the movie. 

WHAT MAKES YOU WANT TO SEE A FILM?

Actors and storyline play a significant role when sparking my interest. Specific actors are able to make me want to see a specific movie upon release as it is able to trigger my interest. With Adam Sandler being one of my favourite actors, I generally enjoy watching his films specifically due to my interest in his strange humour. 

HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT FROM A FILM?

Generally, you are able to know what to expect from a trailer if it is clear. Genre is also extremely important. You can understand what you are viewing completely off genre. You can see the movie as and action and adventure rather than a horror. With some films, you are unable to tell if it is a certain genre as there are multiple recurring themes. For example, I found it difficult to tell if 'The Woman in Black' was a horror, ghost or spooky film. With the themes in the film I personally would not associate with horror and rather with Sci-Fi and supernatural. 

WHAT AM I PAYING FOR WHEN I BUY A CINEMA TICKET?

When paying for a cinema ticket, I believe it is mostly paying for the viewing experience rather than the movie itself. Viewing the movie in a cinema setting is much more immersive and allows for the movie to be viewed in higher resolution, on a bigger screen, with Dolby surround sound. 

ARE THERE FILMS I HAVE TO SEE IN CINEMA OR DOES IT NOT REALLY MATTER?

Some franchises do work better on a wider screen. I have found my watching experience is better in the cinema when I am watching a Marvel movie, because the action sequences contain so much detail. However, you don't miss much by watching at home, and it is definitely personal preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME MODERATOR

SCREAm by The Hong Kong Files Movie